Re: Is there a performance limit of extents?

From: Jonathan Lewis <jonathan_at_jlcomp.demon.co.uk>
Date: 2000/04/19

Following that point up though,
what's the largest number of tablespaces anyone has ever set up, and what were the side effects.

I can claim 896 - with 3,500 files - and on a parallel server that was a real killer in 8.0.3.

Problems with excessive (segment) checkpointing and SMON interference etc....

Has anyone gone to real extremes with 8.1 ?

--

Jonathan Lewis