Re: ORACLE error ORA-00000

From: Chris_P <chris_picking_at_my-deja.com>
Date: 2000/04/19

I have had the exact same problem earlier this week. The only solution I found was to reinstall the Oracle client software. I have no idea what caused the problem as the user had not changed or installed any other applications or software.

Hope this helps anyone else who gets this.

Chris

In article <8bfoj9$5gq$1_at_talia.mad.ttd.net>,   "Antonio Doblado Romo" <ade_at_tinet.fut.es> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have developed an application in Visual Basic 6 which connects to an
> Oracle 8.0.5.0.0 database (the server runs under windows NT). I have
 created
> a service on one client machine using the "Net8 easy config" to
 connect with
> thw database using TCP-IP. I have tested the service, it runs fine
 and I can
> connect to the database using SQL Plus and Schema manager.
>
> To connect my application (which uses RDO) to the database, I have
 created a
> DSN using the service mentioned before, and Microsoft ODBC drivers
 version
> 2.573.000 (Spanish). It has worked for one month without any problem
 until
> yesterday, when I get an error executing my application. The error is
 (in
> Spanish):
>
> 40002:IM006: [Microsoft][Administrador de controladores ODBC]Error de
> SQLSetConnectAttr del controlador
>
> If I try to execute the Oracle ODBC test using the DSN, I get the
 next error
> when I try to connect to the database:
>
> SQLSTATE: NA000
> NAtive Error Code:0
> DriverMessage[Microsoft][ODBC Driver for Oracle]Error while trying to
> retrieve text for error ORA-00000
>
> No suggestions are given to avoid this error when I ask for them.
>
> The Oracle configuration has not changed, and the DSN is also the
 same. I
> have not installed new programs or drivers in my PC, so I do not
 understand
> why it worked before and not now. Other computers configured exactly
 the
> same are working OK.
>
> ¿Anybody can help me?
>
> Thanks.
>
> --
> Antonio Doblado Romo
> ICOT, S.A.
> adoblado_at_icot.es

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Wed Apr 19 2000 - 00:00:00 CDT