Standby database

From: Alianto <alianto_at_mronly.com>
Date: 2000/04/19

Hi All,

Currently I am using standby database for our production database.

In Standby database, I found the message number 1669 and then I checked it by "oerr ora ". The result is

01669, 00000, "standby database control file not consistent" // *Cause: Attempting to activate a standby database with a control file that
// has not been recovered to the same point as the data files. Most
// likely the control file was just copied from the primary
database
// and has not been used for recovery.
// *Action: Recover the standby database until all the files are consistent.

Previously before I got above messages, I only just recovered using 4 archive files although I had a hundred archive files. Actually, I just want to open the standby database from using 4 archive files without using all the rest hundred archive files.

The question is :

How can I open the standby database without recovering using all archive files ? If it is not possible, please welcome with other idea.

Cheers,

Alianto Received on Wed Apr 19 2000 - 00:00:00 CDT