Re: Urhent help needed: import shuts down database

From: <yong321_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 2000/04/18

Thanks, Jerry. I ran dbv like this:

dbv file=logician7.dbf blocksize=8192 logfile=dbv7.log

on all data files. All show 0 on the lines Total Pages Failing (both data and index) and Total Pages Marked Corrupt.

If nothing helps, I'll drop the tablespace and start over.

Yong Huang

In article <20000418.5314900_at_noname.nodomain.nowhere>,   Jerry Gitomer <jgitomer_at_erols.com> wrote:

> Sounds like you have a corrupted datafile. To be on the safe side I
> suggest that you export every table that is stored in the tablespace
> the datafile belongs to and plan on cleaning up your disk problem and
> then rebuilding the tablespace. (I say this because if you have been
> getting the error for a while you probably can't recover from your
> backups.)

 wonder

> > if there's a disk failure. Please help.

> > This is Oracle 8.1.6 on Solaris 7.

> > Yong Huang
> > Email: yong321_at_yahoo.com

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Tue Apr 18 2000 - 00:00:00 CDT