tcl/tk for Oracle

From: bmlam <bmlam_at_online.de>
Date: 2000/04/18

I am planning to install Oracle 8i on my RH6.1 Linux box. According to the installation guide one needs to install tcl version 7.5 for the use of Intelligent Agent. My have 2 questions there:

  1. Is it ok to use a higher version of Tcl? Tthe current version is now 8.3, I believe.
  2. The Intelligent Agents seems to be a GUI component. Do I need to install the corresponding TK package as well?

Thanks for any help. Received on Tue Apr 18 2000 - 00:00:00 CDT