Re: Images On Oracle

From: Marilee Niemi <marilee.j.niemi_at_sf.frb.org>
Date: 2000/04/18

We are also building a database that will have images and will be accessed from the web. As a semi-newbie, the images have been a real pain. Text is easy, images can be difficult. You can use BLOBs to store the images. You can access the BLOBs from an ASP using OO4O (Oracle Objects for OLE). The downside to this is that the documentation is pretty bad. Oracles examples are often incomplete.

However, another option is an Oracle product called InterMedia. It uses a complex datatype to store BLOBs. In addition, download the Intermedia Web Agent and Clipboard from the technet.oracle.com website. We have found this very helpful. It generates stored procedures to upload pictures, display pictures etc. Getting picture into and out of the database can be very frustrating when you are just starting out. It also can generate HTML code. I recommend trying this if you are new to images.

Marilee Received on Tue Apr 18 2000 - 00:00:00 CDT