Re: WebDB Solaris Install Bug?

From: <psubedi1_at_my-deja.com>
Date: 2000/04/18

I have been given DBA responsibility to new databases (previously maintained by somebody else), and in analyzing the database server, I see:

The following objects have insufficient space for growing in their tablespace:
ROLLBACK SYS.R01 - Maximum extent #121 reached ROLLBACK SYS.R02 - Maximum extent #121 reached

Note there are other roll back segments also. What's a nice way to fix this?

In article <8bqomu$3b0$1_at_goo.nwd.usace.army.mil>,   "Bryan Baker" <Bryan.E.Baker_at_nwd02.usace.army.mil> wrote:
> I had a similar problem
>
> The problem is caused by the fact the table WWV_SITEBUILDER_DDL$
 reached its
> maximum number of extents when installing WebDB. You can check this
 in
> file
> sbddl.log in directory <webdb_home>\orainst:
>
> ORA-01631: max # extents (121) reached in table
> WEBDB.WWV_SITEBUILDER_DDL$
>
> You must drop the created site, truncate the table
 WWV_SITEBUILDER_DDL$,
> and set a higher next extent parameter before reloading the data.
> Once done, you will be able to recreate the site correctly.
>
> Bryan Baker
>
> Jason Archambeau <jarchambeau_at_email.msn.com> wrote in message
> > I need a little help....
> >
> > I am an experinced Oralce DBA but this has me at a loss:
> >
> > Installation of WebDB 2.1 on Solaris 2.6 (Sparc Ultra 10 - 1 gig of
 Ram).

 http:myserver:9999/webdb, I
> > get the challenge dialog, but the WebDB Listener gives me this
 error:

> > ora-6564
> > object webdb.home doesn't exist
> > ora-6512
> >
> > Now I know what these errors mean, but I can't track the source.
 It seems
> > that their should be a package or proc named home in the webdb
 schema.
 The
> > fact that it doesnt' exist is throwing the call to the PL/SQL
 gateway off
> > and this causes the main webdb page to screw up. I have installed
 this
> > product on NT about 5 times and never get this problem. I checked
 the
 state
> > of the webdb schema and it has 161 objects and all have status
 of "VALID"

> > Is there a bug in the Solaris install scripts?
> >
> > Please help before i look for a bullet........
> >

> > Thanks

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Tue Apr 18 2000 - 00:00:00 CDT