Re: Report to mail ?

From: Billy Verreynne <vslabs_at_onwe.co.za>
Date: 2000/04/17

Zoran Kuret wrote in message <8dea1d$ak0$1_at_deltal2.delta.com.ba>...
>I have an urgent problem regarding sending report to mail. It comes with an
>error 'Error initializing mail subsystem', although everything seems to be
>OK. Default MAPI client is Outlook express, and it used to work with an
>earlier versions of it.

Not the right forum to ask this question Zoran, and you also do not specify much detail.

Some pointers though. MAPI comes in two basic flavours. The vanilla flavour is simple MAPI calls. The vanilla and strawberry one is the more complex Exchange interface. Simple MAPI calls works with Exchange, but here you need to specify (if I recall correctly), the username and mail box as a single field, whereas in simple MAPI you only have a userid and password to specify. You thus need to make sure that the userid/mailbox/password combination used by the MAPI client is valid.

On NT, the mail account is specific to the NT userid that process is running in. If you have an Administrator mail account that works, and are running services in a specially created Service account, these services are in fact trying to use the mail box for the Services account and not the Administrator account. Log in using the Service account user and configure Exchange/Outlook as that user.

Personally I do not think that MAPI should be used. Using SMTP (Simple Mail Transfer Protocol) is much simpler and is a cross-platform standard - which means that the mail sender can send mail via any SMTP server. Be that on NT, Unix or even a mainframe.

regards,
Billy Received on Mon Apr 17 2000 - 00:00:00 CDT