Is there a performance limit of extents?

From: Gonzalo <gonzarg_at_my-deja.com>
Date: 2000/04/17

Hi,
I'm migrating to Oracle 8.0.5 - Solaris 2.7. I know exactly the size of my tables. The question is: Which is the better extent size? Is there a rule for this? I was told than in earlier version of Oracle, having more than 20 extents in a segments, is not recomended (performance decrease), is it true?

The rule I'm using is the following:

Table Size      EXTENTS SIZE
 0 a 5 MB        64kb
 5Mb a 50 Mb      1Mb
 50 Mb a 100Mb   10Mb

> 100 Mb 50Mb

but I´m not sure it's rigth

Any help will be apreciated,

Thanks,
Gonzalo.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Mon Apr 17 2000 - 00:00:00 CDT