Re: Do indexes matter on db in memory

From: Mike Hately <mike.hately_at_virgin.net>
Date: 2000/04/17

That seems like quite a simplistic viewpoint. I'd be happier if he was saying "I've looked at the high impact SQL and none of it can be improved by adding indexes". I'd tend to monitor v$sqlarea looking for high disk_reads and buffer_gets. Those are the statements that need help and may benefit from some attention, though not necessarily more indexes.
There's a good script to do this on Jonathan Lewis' site (http://www.jlcomp.demon.co.uk/).

Regards

Mike Hately