Re: Tablespace names

From: Jonathan Gennick <jonathan_at_gennick.com>
Date: 2000/04/17

Each tablespace name must be unique. If you're logged in as SYSTEM, you can query DBA_TABLESPACES for a list of tablespace names. Try this:

select tablespace_name from dba_tablespaces;

Each name will be unique. If your script is getting three rows back for one tablespace, you probably have an issue with your script. It may be returning one row for each free extent within that tablespace. Possibly. That's just the first thought that comes to my mind.

Jonathan

jonathan_at_gennick.com
http://gennick.com
Brighten the Corner Where You Are