Re: Oracle Enterprise Manager

From: Sundeep Sardana <ssardana_at_iellp.com>
Date: 2000/04/17

Thanks for your response.

I have two databases on that node, and I can TNSPING both of them. DO you mean, I should be a able to do TNSPING just by the hostname of the box itself, Should I create a TNS entry for the server box itself. I am not sure, what you suggesting, can you please elaborate.

 I can connect to the databases on this server through sqlplus, that suggest my listener and tnsnames enteries are correct

I am able to succesfully execute dbsnmp_start and dbsnmp_status gives folllowing message:
"The db subagent is already running"

When you say ensure SNMP daemon is running, Does that mean db subagent or is it something else!