Re: screwy privileges on O7.3.4 -help!

From: <abramswee_at_my-deja.com>
Date: 2000/04/17

Thanks! I used your recommended method and found that there is an object called PUBLIC. I haven't come across this PUBLIC oject yet in Oracle but very commonly available in MS SQL and SYBASE. How come Oracle security manager doesn't show it? Thanks alot for your help.

In article <390fa570.24775495_at_netnews.worldnet.att.net>,   jonathan_at_gennick.com wrote:
> I would start by checking to see exactly what user B really
> had.
>
> To see his system privs:
>
> select privilege from dba_sys_privs
> where grantee='USERB';
>
> To see roles granted to user B:
>
> select granted_role from dba_role_privs
> where grantee='USERB';
>
> To see any object privs granted to B:
>
> select owner, tablename, privilege
> from dba_tab_privs
> where grantee='USERB';
>
> This should give you enough information to begin. The system
> privilege SELECT ANY TABLE would allow user B access to
> anything. The third query will tell you immediately if user
> B has any object privileges with respect to tables owned by
> A.
>
> Looking at the roles can be a bit more complex because for
> each role name, you need to also run the same three queries
> Roles can be granted to roles, so keep working your way down
> until you have no more roles left.
>
> Hope this helps.
>
> Jonathan

> jonathan_at_gennick.com
> http://gennick.com
> Brighten the Corner Where You Are
>
> On Fri, 14 Apr 2000 08:59:12 GMT, abramswee_at_my-deja.com
> wrote:
>
> >Just inherited this system. All tables in the database are created by
> >one superuser A with one normal user B. User B has only CONNECT role
> >with no other privilege but when I entered by his account, I can
 select
> >and insert data to/from any user A's tables. Checked their rights,
> >roles and privileges over and over again but can't figure it out.
> >
> >I create user C with some tables, grant user B some limited access to
> >user C's table and logged in as user B. It works alright as I cannot
> >select any table from user C's table (as specified in their roles and
> >privileges).
> >
> >So I guess the screw up part is in User A's table. But where in
 Oracle
> >can I find the problem spot? Please help anyone.
> >

> >Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> >Before you buy.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Mon Apr 17 2000 - 00:00:00 CDT