Problem connecting to host.

From: Ch <cheywood_at_flash.net>
Date: 2000/04/16

Hello,

I'm trying to connect a client machine to Oracle 8i on a server.

I followed the Oracle documentation in setting up the listener services, I think.

I can use tnsping to ping the Net Service Name as it shows in the Net8 Assistant.

However, when I try to connect to the host in sqlplus, I get the error "ORA-12545: Connect failed because target host or object does not exist"

I get the same error message when I try to Test the connection in the Net8 Assistant.

I've checked the username/password, and they are correct.

It looks like my local setup is good, but I don't see where I make changes to the Server to allow/enable incoming connections, or if that is necessary.

The Oracle doc just leaves you hanging if you get this far, and the error number
isn't even listed in the Error msgs section.

Thanks in advance for help
Chris Received on Sun Apr 16 2000 - 00:00:00 CDT