return a vlaue from procedure to unix shell help ..

From: Mujahid Hamid <mujahid_at_pharmco.demon.co.uk>
Date: 2000/04/15

Hi All,

I am calling a stored procedure from Unix shell.

I can pass value to the procedure but I cannot return a value back to the Unix and store it in Unix shell variable.

Is there a way where I can return a value from a stored procedure to Unix shell script and store it in the Unix shell variable

Following is what I am trying to do.
I am stuck on this please help ....

Many Thanks

Mujahid

#

IN_PARA='INPAR'
OUT_PARA=''
sqlplus -s username/password <<endsql
exec STORED_PROCEDURE($IN_PARA,$OUR_PARA); endsql
#

echo 'Following are the Unix outputs'
#

echo $IN_PARA >> VALUE_PASSED.DAT
echo $OUT_PARA >> VALUE_RETURNED.DA Received on Sat Apr 15 2000 - 00:00:00 CDT