Oracle 8i and Linux.

From: ps <pszymon_at_ikar.mps.com.pl>
Date: 2000/04/14

Hello.

I tried to install Oracle 8i in Linux system Red Hat 6.2 version. A while after start installer I got
message that installer didn't find jre in path /usr/local. I downloaded package jre from internet (version and
place in internet i found from documentation) and "installed" (copy to path from message) into my linux.
Unfortunately installer show me the same message. In this situation I created link (it's describe in
documentation) jre to java and I got another message:

Initializing Java Virtual Machine from /usr/local/jre/bin/jre. Please wait...
Error in CreateOUIProcess(): -1
: No such file or directory

Hm...then I changed my link jre from java to javac and... I got the same message about Initizalizing JVM...

I have no idea what I can do else.
Help!!!! I'm grateful for every advise.

Peter. Received on Fri Apr 14 2000 - 00:00:00 CDT