Re: Memory usage of ORACLE 8i service

From: Jonathan Gennick <jonathan_at_gennick.com>
Date: 2000/04/14

You might start by looking at the following parameters in your database init file:

	shared_pool_size
	java_pool_size
	db_block_buffers

The first two are in bytes. To translate the last one into bytes, multiply by the db_block_size value. You can reduce the values for these parameters. They affect performance, but if you're the only user, you probably don't need a very large shared pool or buffer cache. The settings I use for one of my small test databases are:

shared_pool_size = 3500000 # INITIAL
java_pool_size = 4000000
db_block_buffers = 1000

regards,