Re: Oracle 8i EE or SE

From: Jonathan Gennick <jonathan_at_gennick.com>
Date: 2000/04/14

It depends on the features that you need. Enterprise Edition gets all the features that Oracle can charge big dollars for. Everything else is available in the Standard Edition. Bitmapped indexes, I think, are an example of a feature that's only in EE.

If money were no object, I'd just run EE so as to have access to everything.

Jonathan

jonathan_at_gennick.com
http://gennick.com
Brighten the Corner Where You Are