Re: Database / Frontend Advice

From: Martin Hepworth <maxsec_at_totalise.co.uk>
Date: 2000/04/14

Matthew

Personally I look at PHP (www.php.net) for this sort of thing. Its got a short learing curve, is very powerful and provides database independance. There's also a heck of a lot of 'free' examples/solutions out there that will help you - Frontpage/Cold-fusion are nice, but IMHO PHP knocks spots of them.

If you put all the info 'online' and have access retrictions (as you suggest) then both the internal and external users can use the same data and applications to access it - don't do two apps when one will do,

Martin