Re: Granting CREATE ALL TABLES to a user

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: 2000/04/13

First of all: either you misread something, or you really need to throw that book in a shredder (and you'd rather read Oracle docu) 1 create all table doesn't even exist
2 if you are getting the error table already exists, you can be sure this is true. Try describe <table_name> in sql*plus 3 You need to end any statement either with a semicolon (;) or a slash (/) in sql*plus.
If you do that you will get a different error message: create all tables doesn't exist, it should be create any table. Please read any docu carefully.

Be also aware Oracle Lite is a completely different beast from Oracle, it has been severly stripped down. You should rather get hold of Personal Oracle.

Regards,

Sybrand Bakker, Oracle DBA

Thomas Løvlie <thomasl_at_c2i.net> schreef in berichtnieuws TapJ4.4133$r6.447039_at_juliett.dax.net...