Re: Can I tune 8i to login faster?

From: Nuno Souto <nsouto_at_nsw.bigpond.net.au.nospam>
Date: 2000/04/13

On Wed, 12 Apr 2000 18:37:37 +0800, Connor McDonald <connor_mcdonald_at_yahoo.com> wrote:

>Still...something is very wrong with 15-20 seconds to spawn a process -
>you could probably confirm if the spawning is the problem by using
>pre-spawned processes - this is down by tweaking the sqlnet listener
>files.

Too right! 15-20 seconds? Yuch!

If he is connecting to the same node, he should be using the BEQ driver for the connection. That connects in 1-2 seconds, depending on speed of box. With TCP-IP, I've never been able to drop it from about 5 seconds, even with pre-spawned processes and direct IP addresses...

Cheers
Nuno Souto
nsouto_at_nsw.bigpond.net.au.nospam
http://www.users.bigpond.net.au/the_Den/index.html Received on Thu Apr 13 2000 - 00:00:00 CDT