Access97 link to Oracle synonym link to DB2

From: Ed Stevens <Ed.Stevens_at_nmm.nissan-usa.com>
Date: 2000/04/12

This is not strictly an Oracle question, but Oracle is in the middle of it, so . ..

We have a need to use MS-Access97 as a front end to an Oracle8 database. The Oracle db has a synonym for a link to a DB2/MVS table via the Oracle Transparent Gateway. We have no problem linking from Access to any of the tables or views in the Oracle db, but when we try to link to the synonym, it fails. The error is actually MS reporting "The Microsoft Jet database engine could not find the object 'NMM.SY_COMMON_PARAMETER.' Make sure sure the object exists . . ." We are using the Oracle ODBC driver that came with Ora8. This error only occurs when linking to a synonym that points to a db link to DB2. If we link from Access to an Oracle synonym that references a table that is local to the Oracle database, everything works as expected.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Wed Apr 12 2000 - 00:00:00 CDT