Re: Oracle Authentication Question

From: Rick Wessman <rwessman_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: 2000/04/11

If I understand your question, the answer is "no." If database authentication is being used, it uses passwords stored in the database itself. The Unix password file is not used by Oracle at all.

This applies to all current versions of Oracle.

--
                                        Rick
                                        Rick Wessman

       The statements and opinions expressed here are my own and do not
             necessarily represent those of  Oracle Corporation.