Re: timezone ?

From: perry <programmer_at_nospam.com>
Date: 2000/04/10

> If I enter a time into my server while I'm standing at GMT+6,
> then pick up the server and walk over to GMT+8, and pull it out,
> what comes out ?

I tried this, and I still get the same time back. So I tend to think Oracle ignores timezones - it is your job as developer to know what timezone you're using, and to figure out what timezone the machine is in, and to do any necessary conversions (altho you can look at sysdate to figure out what timezone the machine is in ?) Received on Mon Apr 10 2000 - 00:00:00 CDT