Re: Microsoft destroys TPC-C records!

From: DNP <High.Flight_at_btinternet.com>
Date: 2000/04/09

After that essay on the lock performace of SQL Server (i.e. it can run out of locks) versus Oracle which can assign unlimited locks (subject to memory AND disk limits) well then I think I'll give SQL Server 7 a miss, thankyou very much.

I bet MS LOVES people like you telling the world of the inadequacies of their products!!

Or taking another point of view; if the only people advocating SQL Server 7 are seen to be a bit lost when it comes to databases, then this sort of negates their own advice to try / use SQL Server doesn't it.

David P.

Oracle Certified DBA.