Designer/2000 Installation Problem

From: Arie Hirshenson <arie_at_hirshenson.ch>
Date: 2000/04/09

Hi,

On my NT 4.0 server (sp 4), I have installed the Oracle8i 8.1.5 enterpreis edition + Developer 6.0 + WebDB 2.1 so far without any problems and everything runs smoothly. Now I'm trying to install Oracle's Designer/2000 2.1 and allredy on the secound installation step in the Oracle Installer, after accepting the default settings for company name and home path, and clicking the OK button on the package installation setting screen, I'm getting an Dr. Watsson Error and the Installer crushes! I tryied it from tow different CD-ROM's, I tryied it with the Oracle Installer from the local oracle installation and I'm still getting the same error. Do I have to install oracle from scratch? Or do I have a problem with my NT installation? Dose the new Designer version needs sp5 or 6?

Can someone help me with this??

Many thanks in advance
Arie. Received on Sun Apr 09 2000 - 00:00:00 CDT