Oracle Index and data issues

From: Ryan Matteson <desc_at_mindspring.com>
Date: 2000/04/09

Hello folks,

We are currently implementing Oracle Financials and am the SA trying to arrange the volumes. I am curious where the hot points exist being indexes, data or archive logs so I can distribute the load evenly on our A3500. I have been reading and reading this weekend and from what I have come up with it seems indexes and datafiles are accessed about the same and should be located on there own controllers. I also am under the assumption that as each transcation takes place an entry is written to the archive logs so these should most likely be placed off there own controller also. If anyone has any info they could provide me with I would appreciate it.

Thanks a bundle,

Ryan

BTW: We will be supporting about 300-700 concurrent users. Received on Sun Apr 09 2000 - 00:00:00 CDT