Re: ORCLALRT.LOG doesn't contain timestamps!

From: DNP <High.Flight_at_btinternet.com>
Date: 2000/04/09

I would seriously advise getting a hold of the 'Generic Oracle Documentation CD-Rom.

The issues here are more complicated than the book you're quoting implies. Even although it comes from Oracle Press, it is not a proper manual (unlike the contents of the Cd-Rom above).

If you were to see the paper copies of the Oracle Manuals from the Cd-Rom they would propably fill a small shelf at your bookshop!

Perhaps Oracle Press feel its better to give people some advice, albeit while simplifying other things. I can understand this up to a point, but I don't think you can rely on their books for real technical detail.

David P.

Oracle Certified DBA.