Re: ORCLALRT.LOG doesn't contain timestamps!

From: trea <trea_johnson_at_usa.net>
Date: 2000/04/08

pavel;

the problem might be that your redo logs are switching twice a second. if that happens then there will be no time stamp.

everytime your redo logs switch your SGA is flushed. this clears out your db block buffers, shared pool, etc. you want them to switch about every 30 minutes if you are running in archive log mode and once every 2 to 3 hours if you are not....the longer you can keep the buffer cache and shared pool filled the better the performance of your database. try resizing the redo logs to 10 MB and work up or down from there.

also i noticed that your oracle home is on the C: drive. this is not a good thing as far as performance goes. this causes contention with the NT system files. i would consider moving the oracle home to another drive.

trea