Re: Linux 8.1.5.0.1/2 patch failed!

From: Craig Kelley <ink_at_inconnu.isu.edu>
Date: 2000/04/08

bsenseman_at_my-deja.com writes:

> I installed Oracle 8i on a RedHat 6.1 system (which went remarkedly well
> ONCE I had the right JRE). I then downloaded and applied the newest
> patch (8.1.5.0.1 & .2 inclusive). Once completed I tried to log into
> svrmgrl to get this:
>
> ORA-12545: Connect failed because target host or object does not exist
>
> Further exploration of the log files (81501.log) found this:
>
> - Linking Oracle
> gcc ....
> /usr/bin/ld: cannot open -lordsdo8: No such file or directory
> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
> gmake: ***
> [/usr/local/oracle/8i/u01/app/oracle/product/8.1.5/rdbms/lib/oracle]
> Error 1
>
> And I can't find ordsdo8 file ANYWHERE(drives, CD, patch), then again I
> can't find _most_ of the identified librarys for the link....
>
> What did I do wrong, and how do I fix it?

If I remember correctly, you need to re-link oracle after installing it. There is an article on how to install 8i under Linux on technet.oracle.com. If you forget to do this, then you'll see this behavior.

Craig Kelley  -- kellcrai_at_isu.edu
http://www.isu.edu/~kellcrai finger ink@inconnu.isu.edu for PGP block