Re: Why export has conventional path?

From: Mark D Powell <markp7832_at_my-deja.com>
Date: 2000/04/08

In article <38EDBCD5.3080_at_yahoo.com>,
  connor_mcdonald_at_yahoo.com wrote:
> Alan wrote:
> >
> > Hello all,
> >
> > I have a simple export question.
> >
> > I know that using export by direct path mode is faster than
 using
> > the conventional path. I want to ask, why export not use the direct
 mode
> > as the default mode (or even delete the conventional mode)? Is
 there any
> > reason why export still has the converntional mode? What is the
 risk of
> > using direct mode during export?
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Alan
>
> Mainly to go between heterogenous environments I would imagine.
>
> HTH
> --
> Connor McDonald

I do not believe that direct exports support exports tables with columns of type LOB so a conventional export is the only way to export these.

--
Mark D. Powell  -- The only advice that counts is the advice that
 you follow so follow your own advice --

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.