Re: ORA-12571: TNS:packet writer failure ,again

From: pavel_sustr <pXaXvXeXl_sXuXsXtXr_at_geocities.com>
Date: 2000/04/07

Hi,

I was getting this error message after I had experimented with Net8 Assistant and played with listener configuration. Net8 Assistant seems to incidentally modify "listener.ora" and add unwanted lines like those in the followint example:

LISTENER =
<--- skipping --->

    (DESCRIPTION =

      (PROTOCOL_STACK =
        (PRESENTATION = GIOP) <--------------- This was the problem
        (SESSION = RAW)       <--------------- This was the problem
      )

<--- skipping --->

Hope this helps,
PaShu

--
Free audio & video emails, greeting cards and forums
Talkway - http://www.talkway.com - Talk more ways (sm)