Re: Latest patches for Oracle WG Server 7.3.2 for NetWare 4.11

From: <mohotta_at_my-deja.com>
Date: 2000/04/06

In article <8aii3c$2su$1_at_News.TM.Odessa.UA>,   "Alexander Borisenko" <alek_at_trais.ilyichevsk.odessa.ua> wrote:
> Is anybody know what the latest patches for Oracle WG Server 7.3.2 for
> NetWare 4.11.
> I have NW 4.11 whith NWSP8a and Oracle WG Server 7.3.2 but server
 working
> not stability, sometimes it hanging up, or swhitching to SMP debugger.
>
> With best regards,
> Alexander Borisenko

I'm told that if your Netware volume is configured with Block Suballocation and Compression that Oracle has problems with corrupt data blocks. You may have to export your database, re-create your volume without Block Suballocation and Compression, reinstall Oracle, recreate your database, and import your data.

Also, your CONFIG.ORA should have the setting NWFSTYPE=CLIB when you recreate the database.

Better yet, install Oracle 8 instead, because Oracle no longer officially supports Oracle 7.3.2.

Alton Chinn
SF Planning Dept

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Thu Apr 06 2000 - 00:00:00 CDT