connecting to Oracle using JDBC on windows NT PLATFORM

From: Chinni <konduru_at_us.ibm.com>
Date: 2000/04/06

Hi,

I am new to Oracle. I installed Oracle on Windows NT. I am able to use Sql plus and login as "scott" and
"tiger" as password and "sample1" as host string and do query on emp. I thought configuration setting
are OK.

I compiled small program using JDBC in JBuilder and added libary with class path C:\Oracle\Ora81\jdbc\lib\classes111.zip".

I am using following APIs to load and connect to database.

Driver OraDrv = (Driver)
Class.forName("oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver").newInstance();

conn =
DriverManager.getConnection("jdbc:oracle:oci8:@sample1","scott","tiger");

The program is crashing with message "The instruction at 0x6ee... referenced memory at 0x0000... The memory could not be read".

Do you know why?

Thanks

Chinni Received on Thu Apr 06 2000 - 00:00:00 CDT