Re: Hurry! MicroSoft Transaction Server - Oracle

From: Stefan Jahnke <q5665841_at_bonsai.fernuni-hagen.de>
Date: 2000/04/06

Seetharaman Shrinivasan wrote:

> Greetings!..
> I've a installed NT 4.0 SP4 ( MMC 1.0, MTS 4), Oracle 8i
> Enterprise Edition and now that I want to put Oracle in
> MTS. I went thro' the doc. but unable to follow the steps
> of how and what are the basic products , techniques to be
> used to put Oracle Database in MTS. If anyone knows the
> solution pls. forward it.
>
> Thanks a lot in adv.
>
> Seetharaman Srinivasan
> borntocode_at_hotmail.com
>
> * Sent from AltaVista http://www.altavista.com Where you can also find related Web Pages, Images, Audios, Videos, News, and Shopping. Smart is Beautiful

Hi,

I just remember using MTS with Oracle 7. The only thing I had to do was to upgrade to 7.4 as I remember to get the full XA support that's needed to use Oracle with MTS. After doing so, everything ran smooth. At least for Oracle 7, the MTS docs contained a detailled step by step description to set up everything. Maybe you missed this ? Things shouldn't be that different for Oracle 8. The only thing that prevented me from using Oracle 8 then was the fact that there was no working OLE DB support out for 8. That should have changed by now. Check the MS site for that.

I hope I could help at least a little bit.......the XA support is the major thing to work with MTS.

ciao
Stefan Received on Thu Apr 06 2000 - 00:00:00 CDT