Re: Do Oracle ODBC drivers support asynchronous mode? If so, which ones and how?

From: <tim.mcconechy_at_runtime.dk>
Date: 2000/04/06

Howdy,I have not found one yet but if you do let me know..

I heard from simba technologies it was in development...

http://www.simbatech.com/express

You might inquire at a few of these companies if they will support it soon.
It has been two months since I inquired about this..

Some more sites:

http://www.interbase.com/
http://www.openlinksw.com/
http://www.intersolv.com/

I also have in development my own C++ DLL which uses OCI to connect and can send commands asyncronously and fetch multithreaded . But I can't seem to get the data to dump into a cursor file which Vfp can use..

But it is possible to write a Dll in C++ to do the Job. It is not easy ...

Keep me posted!
In article <8c9f68$2cm$1_at_ns.felk.cvut.cz>,   "Pavel Sustr" <Pavel.Sustr_at_cristal.cz> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Problem:
> ========
> We have a MFC application running on Windows 2000 that uses Oracle
 ODBC
> driver(s). How can we cancel an SQL query?
>
> What we've tried:
> =================
> We've tried to use two ODBC drivers, Oracle73 driver version
 1.15.03.01 (as
> displayed in the ODBC Data Source Administrator) and Oracle ODBC
 driver
> version 8.01.05.00. We've tried using asynchronous mode:
>
> // =====================================================
> // 1) Check whether the driver supports asynchronous mode
> // =====================================================
> retcode = SQLGetInfo(hdbc1, SQL_ASYNC_MODE, &nAsync, sizeof(nAsync),
> &nResult);
>
> * Oracle73 returned: Information type out of range
> * Oracle81 returned: Assynchronous mode is not supported
>
> // =====================================================
> // 2) Never mind (explained later). Specify that hstmt1 is to be
 executed
> asynchronously.
> // =====================================================
> retcode = SQLSetStmtAttr(hstmt1, SQL_ATTR_ASYNC_ENABLE,(void*)
> SQL_ASYNC_ENABLE_ON, SQL_NTS);
>
> * Oracle73 returned: no error (!)
> * Oracle81 returned: SQLAllocHandle(hstmt1) Failed
>
> // =====================================================
> // 3) Try to execute the command
> // =====================================================
> while ((retcode = SQLExecDirect(hstmt1, (unsigned
 char*)(LPCSTR)sqlCommand,
> SQL_NTS)) == SQL_STILL_EXECUTING)
> {
> SQLCancel(hstmt1);
> }
>
> * Oracle73 returned: no error (!)
> * Oracle81 fails during the execution of 2), never reaches this part
 of the code

> It seems to me that Oracle73 driver supports asynchronous mode
(despite the fact that whenever asked, using SQLGetInfo(...SQL_ASYNC_MODE...), it replies NO) but Oracle 8i doesn't! How come? If that's the case, will future Oracle ODBC drivers support it?

> Any comments appreciated. Thank you in advance.
>
> Pavel Sustr
> CRISTAL Software CZ

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Thu Apr 06 2000 - 00:00:00 CDT