Re: ORACLE TCP port usage

From: cray_k <foo_at_fake.com>
Date: 2000/04/05

Oracle Listener (waiting on 1521 or 1526 or xxx port number) make a new thread for every incoming connection and THEN assign a NEW free port number !!
So you can't just filter 1521 or 1526 on your Firewall, you must have set a special registry parameter (Win NT of course, for UNIX perhaps a system variable), i don't remember its name (like USE_SHARED_CONNECTION or ..?)

"Van Messner" <vmessner_at_bestweb.net> a écrit dans le message news: SgvG4.944$5e.82896_at_newshog.newsread.com...
> You'll have to search dejanews but there was a detailed posting a month or
> so ago. The gist was that while you can specify which port to use (1521
 and
> 1526 are the most common), going through the firewall may involve a random
> assignment of ports so that you can't just list them in tnsnames.ora.
 Find
> the post cause it has the solution.
>
> Van
>
> Niall Litchfield <n-litchfield_at_audit-commission.gov.uk> wrote in message
> > IIRC and it has been a long day
> >
> > 1521 (and maybe 1526) are required for the listener to receive requests
 for
> > a connection from a client. the actual connection is then handed off to
> > free tcp port. To use thru a firewall i believe you need to look at
 using
> > connection manager. Otherwise it might be worth sqlplussing to internet
> > databases with system/manager to see what people are exposing!
> >
> > --
> > Niall Litchfield
> > Oracle DBA
> > Audit Commission UK
> > "Patrick van Zuilen" <pzuilen_at_capgemini.nl> wrote in message
> > > Look in TNSNAMES.ORA file.
> > > Here is port the port number default 1521
> > >
> > > Dmitry Yakimenkov <ericfdha_at_mail.od.ua> wrote in message
 have