Re: SVRMGR Errors

From: Thomas George <ygguh_at_aol.com>
Date: 2000/04/05

I have a similar problem, I receive the following error:

SVRMGR> connect internal
Connected.
SVRMGR> startup
ORA-07279: spcre: semget error, unable to get first semaphore set. SVR4 Error: 28: No space left on device
Additional information: 25
Additional information: 2

My /etc/system file contains:

set shmsys:shminfo_shmmax=1073741824
set shmsys:shminfo_shmmin=10
set shmsys:shminfo_shmmni=128
set shmsys:shminfo_shmseg=256
set shmsys:seminfo_semmni=128
set shmsys:seminfo_semmsl=100
set shmsys:shminfo_semmns=1000

* End Oracle environment info

But I receive the following errors in my /var/adm/messages file:

Apr 4 18:05:37 typhoon unix: sorry, variable 'seminfo_semmni' is not defined in
 the 'shmsys'

Apr  4 18:05:37 typhoon unix: module
Apr  4 18:05:37 typhoon unix:
Apr  4 18:05:37 typhoon unix: sorry, variable 'seminfo_semmsl' is not
defined in
 the 'shmsys'
Apr  4 18:05:37 typhoon unix: module
Apr  4 18:05:37 typhoon unix:
Apr  4 18:05:37 typhoon unix: sorry, variable 'seminfo_semmns' is not
defined in
 the 'shmsys'
Apr 4 18:05:37 typhoon unix: module

Is the actual entry in the /etc/system file: set semmni 70 or
semmni 70 or
set semmni=0 or
what?

My system is a Ultra1, w/ 512 megs ram, 9 gig hd, 1.2 gig swap/tmp and Oracle 8.0.0.0.5 (My DBA gave me the Oracle version number)

Any help would be appreciated.