Query problem

From: Ryan Novak <ryan_nospam_at_nospam.novak.net>
Date: 2000/04/04

Ok, I have two tables that have a one-to-many relationship.

I want to merge both these tables into a single view. No problem.

Now here is where my problem begins. Let's say that this view returns two records caused by the one-to-many relationship. Each record is unique because of the "many" side. How do I get it to return one row? For example, I just wanted to get the most recent data from the "many" side.

I am using MSSQL 7.0 as a backend. I can do this in a query in Access, but haven't been able to figure out how to do it in SQL.

---Ryan Received on Tue Apr 04 2000 - 00:00:00 CDT