Re: Help... How to determine GMT time in Oracle?

From: Alan Moorman <alm2_at_XYZemail1.dss.state.va.us>
Date: 2000/04/04

Well, I didn't fully read your post. I searched MetaLink and it seems that this is a problem which Oracle's addressing in 8i. There were some references by people who've written custom code (Java or external procs) to accomplish this. The disturbing thing about 8i is that it looks like the functionality is "hidden" and unpublished. The suggestion was to call OTS and ask about how to set up TIME_WITH_TIMEZONE and TIMESTAMP_WITH_TIMEZONE functionality. Hope you're on 8i!!

Alan

Eleanor Sokol wrote in message <38EA0EB6.43E76828_at_bmc.com>...
>What do you do for the time zones which are not supported (i.e. Moscow)?
>Unfortunately new_time does not support all the time zones of the world it
>seems.
>
>Elly
>

>Alan Moorman wrote:
>
>> select to_char(new_time(sysdate,'edt','gmt'),'mm-dd-rrrr hh24:mi:ss')
 from