NT-Oracle 805 -SQLNET 8 Easy Config Problems. HELP!

From: Netingale <uglim_at_prodigy.net>
Date: 2000/04/04

Hi all,
I have got couple of server setup that has the same problem. Here is the platform info.
-Oracle 8.05
-NT 4 sp5

Oracle setup seems successful, but everytime I start Oracle Net 8 Easy config I consistently get Dr Watson Access Violation with java.exe error. I did some investigating and looks like there is a bug on NT platform. See link:

http://technet.oracle.com/support/bug_networking.htm (Choose SQL*NET)
error # 564488
eroror# 646138

Although they are not exactly like the problems I am having, but I think they are related. (My video card has limitation of 16 colors only.)

Question 1: I wondered if Oracle has come up with any solution yet? The problem has been around since 1998.

Question 2: I am pretty new with Oracle, I don't know if I can get by with not using Net 8 Easy Config? Are there any command line utility I can use to do what Net 8 Easy config is doing? Will Oracle works if I edit the listener file (and other network files) thru notepad instead?

Any input will be very much appreciated. Thanks a bunch.
Sincerely,
Netingale Received on Tue Apr 04 2000 - 00:00:00 CDT