Re: Dynamic SQL in PRO-C (type 3), problem with NULL

From: Keith Jamieson <jamiesonk_at_phoenix.ie>
Date: 2000/04/04

What you shoud do is actually declare a variable as short int.

your select then looks something like follows:

exec select column_name into column_value:null_ind;

Now if you retrieve a select, null_ind is set to -1. This is the correct way to code for Nulls using PRO*C.

<38E49951.D6D2CB0A_at_aleniasystems.finmeccanica.it>...