Re: HPUX 11 - Oracle 8.1.6 Install problem

From: Joseph Babad <Joseph.Babad_at_ukgateway.net>
Date: 2000/04/04

Mario,

Many thanks for replying.
I have tried the 8.1.6 installation a number of times and every time it hangs!
I spoke to Oracle support and they had no idea. Could it be a problem with system resources?

Anyway, I dropped back to 8.1.5 and installed this no problem.

By the way, were you installing on 64-bit or 32-bit HPUX 11. I was trying on 32-bit, because our hardware could not handle 64-bit.

Regards,
Joseph.

Sorry Joseph...

As I told you tuesday, I have made a complete fresh installation of 8.1.6 on HPUX-11.0 yesterday (wednesday) and all things work good...

Joseph Babad a écrit :

  I'm trying to install 8.1.6 on HPUX 11.0.   Getting to the point where you need to run root.sh - there should   be a pop-up telling you this.

  On my install, there's no pop-up. I see a message appearing in the   installActions.log file telling me to run root.sh, but the installation   has hung and doesn't complete

  Has anybody else seen this and is there a workaround

  Cheers,
  Joseph

Mario Perreault, Ville de Québec
        \\\|||///