DB-Migration from Oracle 7.3.4 to 8.0.5

From: Albrecht von Falkenhausen <a.falkenhausen_at_t-online.net>
Date: 2000/04/03

Hi there,

I'm trying to migrate a 40G large Database from Oracle 7.3.4 version 8.0.5.

I've installed Oracle 8.0.5 Ent. Edition in a different home, copied the original init.ora to the new site, deleted two entries (unlimited_rollback_segments=TRUE and checkpoint_process=TRUE) in the init-file and started the Database Migration Assistant. The migration gets terminated after about 20 minutes with the database being shutdown.

Can anyone please tell me what I'm doing wrong? The Oracle dokumentation does'nt help me anyfurther.

Thanks for the moment

Albrecht v Falkenhausen

a.falkenhausen_at_t-online.net Received on Mon Apr 03 2000 - 00:00:00 CDT