Re: C++ objects wrapped around the OCI

From: tiny anklet bells <nroshak_at_hcs.harvard.edu>
Date: 2000/04/03

Hmm, I don't know about c++, but it looks a lot like perl DBI. you could search on the dbi-users archive, or ask on the dbi-users mailing list, for a similar c++ module. Or (I don't know your coding enviroment) you could just use Perl. the Perl DBI is really nice.

Natalka

Zorg Jim Cain hath momely rade gribble:
: All,

: I've searched and searched and could not find a library of C++ objects
: wrapped around the OCI, so this weekend I created my own. I hope it wasn't
: a great waste of time, but if so, then so be it. I wanted to be able to
: avoid Pro*C, since it's mostly anti-OO, and I wanted to do stuff like
: this:

: Oracle::Connection db("user", "pass", "sid");
: db.connect();
: Oracle::Stmt* st = db.prepare("select col1, col2 from my_table");
: st->exec();
: while(st->fetch())
: cout << st->col(0)->str() << ", " << st->col(1)->str() << endl;
: st->close();
: db.disconnect();

: Have I missed something? I feel fairly certain that I have. Surely someone
: else has written something like this.

: If anyone can point me to similar code, I would greatly appreciate it. If
: not, let me know so I can share my work.

: Cheers,
: Jim

: | Jim Cain | http://www.jimcain.net | Oracle Developer/DBA |
: | Miami, FL USA | http://www.mgmt-inc.com | Linux System Administrator |
: | me at jimcain.net | http://www.charlug.org | Apache/Zope Webmaster |

--

Too much coffee I find like amphetamines - you can be
_entirely_ +completely+ and utterly focussed. Just not