Oracle & Linux - Painful process

From: John Arnott - PDbS, Inc. <jarnott_at_PDbS.com>
Date: 2000/04/03

I am trying to get an Oracle client working on Linux. I attempted to get a server going, but was unable due to tons of bugs/problems with the installation.

I first tried 8.1.5, but have been unable to get any part of the client working. The patch has errors and makes sqlplus unusable.

I then tried 8.0.5. The install was smoother, but I receive a segmentation fault on every app. Sqlplus, svrmgrl, tnsping they all core dump.

Does anybody have 8.0.5 or 8.1.5 working? I would be happy if at least the client worked. I am running RedHat 6.1 on a PenguinComputing server.

Thank You,

John Arnott
jarnott_at_PDbS.com Received on Mon Apr 03 2000 - 00:00:00 CDT