Re: Getting Ora8i for Linux

From: Kedar Dhamdhere <kedar_at_everest.cse.iitb.ernet.in>
Date: 2000/04/02

John Arnott - PDbS, Inc. claims:
> I have been trying to download the the 815ship.tgz file from Oracle OTN for
> 4 days now. I continually get ftp access denied errors.
>
> I have the CDs on the way (4-6 weeks), but I wanted to get started right
> away. At minimum, it would be nice to get the linux client.
>
> Does anybody have any suggestions as to an alternate source?

You can try wget with infinite tries option. wget will make as many attempts as needed to download the complete file. It can resume download from the middle. Another solution is to download the file in parts.

HTH Kedar Dhamdhere

--
Life is like bein' on a mule team.  Unless you're the lead mule, all the
scenery looks about the same.