Re: fix for dbstart Oracle 8.1.6 Solais

From: Van Messner <vmessner_at_bestweb.net>
Date: 2000/04/02

I may be wrong, but I thought the Oracle supplied dbstart was mainly for use as an example. I wrote my own shell scripts for starting and stopping because I wanted users to be able to select which databases to start on any given server or which to stop. If you write your own you can also add SQL+ statements to do useful things. And it's easy to write them. I'd never done any UNIX shell scripts before and using dbstart as an example (along with what I could dig out of various books) I had startup and shutdown scripts installed on the various Solaris servers within a day.

Van