Re: SYSTEM tablespace 300M?

From: Connor McDonald <connor_mcdonald_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 2000/04/02

Arthur Levin wrote:

> Hi,
> I installed Oracle8i and created new database.
> SYSTEM tablespace I set 300M (initial 1M next 1M pctincrease 1).
> Additional installed on other machine Oracle8i Client , Oracle WebDB(user
> webdb) and TOAD.
>
> New schema I installed under not SYSTEM user!!!
> The atabase is competly empty no data.
> When I checked the size of tablespaces the SYSTEM tablespace exceeded the
> limit 300M
> So I increased SYSTEM tablspace to 400M.
>
> In TOAD server Tuning I received: Chained Fetch Ratio is HIGH.
> If anybody knows what is wrong with my database and maybe will be good idea
> reinstall database.

Chained rows sounds like you may have a small block size. You haven't mentioned what platform and what you want to use it for, but a common norm is 8k (but the database typically defaults to 2k or 4k)

HTH

Connor McDonald
http://www.oracledba.co.uk

We are born naked, wet and hungry...then things get worse