Re: pmon hogging CPU on 8i for Linux

From: <dutzig_at_my-deja.com>
Date: 2000/04/01

If you are using a 8.0 listener, that may be causing the problem. 8.1 pmon will automatically try to register the instance with the listener. It tries to contact a listener based on what init.ora parameter local_listener is set to, or port 1521 by default. The problem is that a 8.1 pmon will go into a tight loop under certain conditions, but only with a 8.0 listener. If this matches your setup, either use the 8.1 listener instead, or change local_listener to some port that is not using a 8.0 listener.
Hope this helps, Doug.
In article <8c5hiq$3rh$1_at_nnrp1.deja.com>, Greorgry Mason <greorgry_mason_at_my-deja.com> wrote:
> I'm running 8i EE on Linux RH 6.1. Back a few days ago, my ora_pmon
> started hogging all of the CPU. I've started and stopped the db a
> number of times. Each time it starts up, pmon immediately grabs all of
> the avaible CPU.
>
> I can't figure out what is causing this. Right now, all I can do is
> renice the pmon.
>
> Our 8i is patched to 8.1.5.0.2.
>
> Can anybody give me an idea where to look in order to solve this
> problem?
>
> Thanks.
>
> Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> Before you buy.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Sat Apr 01 2000 - 00:00:00 CST